Corrosion Technician & Technologist
Bass Engineering is seeking a Technician for our Baton Rouge region. Must have impeccable integrity, good communication skills, servant leader, humble, team player. Entrepreneurial spirit, poise under pressure, creative, positive/can-do attitude, self-starter. Position requires an associate college degree. Prior industry-related or relevant work experience could be considered in lieu of a degree.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conduct testing including, but not limited to, structure-to-soil potential, soil resistance & current requirement.
- Conduct rectifier maintenance inspections including necessary troubleshooting, adjustments, and repairs.
- Correctly and safely operate equipment including pipe and/or cable locaters, high input impedance digital multi-meters, clamp-on ammeters, electrical isolation inspection meters, and various hand & power tools.
- Maintain assigned truck, tools and equipment in good working condition in order to perform assigned tasks in a timely and professional manner.
- Read, comprehend, and use a map and GPS system.
- Prepare and deliver written and electronic administrative reports including, but not limited to, weekly time sheets, and expense reports.
- Deliver weekly verbal reports at technical staff meetings regarding project status.
- Coordinate administrative and technical tasks between the company and the client.
- Recognize and report business development opportunities to the sales and marketing team in a timely manner and represent the company in client interactions.
Certificates or Licenses: The position requires a valid driver’s license and driving record acceptable to Bass insurers as well as NACE CP level 1 or higher. The employee is expected to maintain an active NACE certification.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear; is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may be required to walk or stand for extended periods of time. Specific vision abilities required include color vision, close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Interested candidates should submit their résumés to email@example.com.
No third parties please!